The user can input Facts or Comments about Transactions
- Transactions are basically about "Who is doing what, where, for whom, why and where?" and includes additional free text and data about it.
Not all fields of this syntax needs to be used and the meaning of the transaction changes according to what fields are in use.
On top of that the words Who, What, ...etc. have to be interpreted in the largest possible sense allowing for a surprising variety of information types to be described as Transactions.
>John Doe having a master degree in physics from the Biotopsy University will be stored as: -The Biotopsy University delivered a master degree in physics to John Doe-
>That self driving cars are allowed on public roads in California will be stored as: -The Authorities of California delivered a licence to self-driving cars in California-
>That John Doe is heading JD Motors will be stored as: -John Doe is delivering General Management srevices to JD Motors-
>That Jane Doe is heading the Research Department of th Alaska University will be stored as:-Jane Doe is delivering Department Management to the Alaska University for Research-
>That John Doe had a bad experience with his Biotopsy electric car will be stored as a comment about: -A Biotopsy electric car was delivered to John Doe-
>That John Doe attended the CES in LA will be stored as a delivery by CES to John Doe in LA
>The presence of John Doe in New York in June 2016 will be recorded as a delivery to John Doe in New York from 1/6/2016 to 30/6/2016
- Classifying an Input as a Fact means:
> The importance of the input is the transaction itself.
> The free text input gives some additional information or clarification about the transaction.
> The more fields are used the better the description.
- Classifying an Input as a Comment means:
> The free text is the importance of the input.
> The transaction syntax explains who, what, where is impacted or fro who, what , where it is valid.
> A comment can be valid
for a combination of parameters
e.g. The new tax credit legislation is important to “delivery of electric cars in the USA”
or for each parameter individually
e.g. The new tax credit legislation is important to “delivery of electric cars” and “delivery to the USA”
In the first case the comment can be formulated as one input but in the latter two inputs of the same comment are required.
Non-Expert users are not allowed to enter-, edit- or modify hierarchy of- Actors (Organization, Markets or Activities).
- To enter a value in a field click on "select" in the corresponding field to open the tool for searching across the available inputs
- It might be wise to first click on "Treeview" underneath the corresponding field to explore the actual, but continuously expanding, scope and hierarchy
- Any level in the hierarchy can be used as an input
- In the present version of GURIUM it is not yet possible to select an input directly from the "Treeview", it needs to be done through the search tool
Except: When creating an Account the Username is automatically added as an Organization
- A user can create an account for himself, a company he is working, an event he attends,...(it might already exist, check different names!)
- This allows to enter information about the individual’s role in the company’s, the event and their respective involvement in one or more domains
- De-activation and re-activation is possible at any time (see My Organization in menu)
The free text input field can also be used as a mean to enter information about not yet available Actors
Non-expert user modify an entry by first deleting and re-entering the correct transaction
- When clicking on the Delete button on the Homepage the system only shows the inputs from the current user
- He can further rank and select to find the transactions to be deleted
- The transactions are immediately deleted but will only disappear from the screen after refresh.